Sprintcars are regarded as one of the most extreme forms of motorsport, and thanks to Extreme Sprintcars you can get the opportunity to drive one.
Founded by current Tasmanian based Sprintcar racer Tony Clasener, Extreme Sprintcars is going to provide Tasmanian speedway race fans, along with racers from other speedway classes, the chance of a lifetime to sample what it’s like to drive a V8 powered, 850 horsepower plus Sprintcar.
“When it comes to Sprintcars, there is simply nothing like, and I wanted to provide people with the chance to drive one, and that’s why Extreme Sprintcars was formed and I’m very thankful for both the Hobart and Latrobe tracks for believing in my vision,” explained Extreme Sprintcars proprietor Tony Clasener, who apart from the drive days will have a real-life Sprintcar video simulator that he has recently purchased from the mainland.
“Extreme Sprintcars allows anyone the opportunity to sample what it’s like to drive a Sprintcar. Our target customers range from the race fan all the way through to a current racer who wants to experience the Formula 1 class of speedway.”
Clasener, who is going to run the Extreme Sprintcar drive days between Hobart Speedway and Latrobe Speedway tracks, has managed to get assistance from experienced Sprintcar racers, such as multiple Tasmanian Champion and Clasener’s current 410 Sprintcar team-mate Jamie Bricknell, to help provide customers advice throughout the drive days.
“I’m very excited about Jamie (Bricknell) joining the Extreme Sprintcar team and sharing his vast experience,” he enthused.
“Apart from success around the state of Tasmania, he has excelled on the mainland at Australian Championship level, so to have a driver of his calibre involved with Extreme Sprintcars is certainly going to benefit our customers with their driving experience.”
The first Extreme Sprintcar drive day is going to be held at Hobart Speedway on the Saturday of April 24.
Important Extreme Sprintcar Information:
Here’s a complete rundown of how the Extreme Sprintcar drive days is going to play out:
• Your Sprintcar drive day kicks off with a safety briefing and pre-drive tuition session with experienced racers, such as Jamie Bricknell. The Extreme Sprintcar team will go over techniques on cornering, apexes and exiting, efficient braking and acceleration, steering and general car control, as well as safety and track awareness.
• You will have time to ask any questions and make sure you feel comfortable taking the wheel and taking on the track in a Sprintcar.
Below is how your Extreme Sprintcar experience will run:
• You will arrive at a personalised time depending on your height and size. The Extreme Sprintcar team will contact you within seven days of purchase for your drive time.
• Our team will give you a safety briefing and pre-drive tuition session with an experienced race driver.
• We'll have you fitted with safety gear.
• Our experienced drivers, such as Jamie Bricknell, will give you an introduction to the car and its functions.
• It's time, you'll hit the track for six laps before heading to the infield to meet your instructor for tips and feedback. Another six exhilarating laps before finishing up your experience.
PLEASE NOTE: In the event of a rained out drive day, the Extreme Sprintcar team will move all bookings to another weekend, you will not lose your booking.
To find out more information about Extreme Sprintcars and to make your booking, visit their website www.extremesprintcars.com.au, you can follow them on Facebook and Instagram by searching Extreme Sprintcars or you can call 0428 998 969.